Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: I love the sound the cicadas make

  1. #1
    Inactive Member sculpey's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2001
    Posts
    8,165
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I pretend that I'm in a really cheesy horror movie and they're the unseen monster in the woods. Then again, I have an overactive imagination.

  2. #2
    Peter Peeker
    Guest Peter Peeker's Avatar

    Post

    I was expecting "when I run over them with the lawnmower"... [img]eek.gif[/img] [img]wink.gif[/img]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member baimun's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 6th, 2001
    Posts
    6,345
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I love the sound they make when they've been dipped in hot-sauce and are frying up on my outdoor gas grill... [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

    For some reason the ones in the trees get strangely quite. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

  4. #4
    -megalithanod
    Guest -megalithanod's Avatar

    Post

    I like the pattern they make when you shoot them at point blank with a 2500 psi air rifle without the BB or pellet.

    I wonder if that was how Rorschach got started?

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Michael Crawford's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 6th, 2004
    Posts
    1,039
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Just saw these on the news last night - Cicada man!

    http://www.associatedpremium.com./cicadas.htm

    Michael
    MWC

  6. #6
    Peter Peeker
    Guest Peter Peeker's Avatar

    Post

    is this a US-only thing?
    I have never heard tell of them up here...

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Tr3s's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 25th, 2004
    Posts
    1,280
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Canadian cicadas hum in French. Or so I heard...not that I've heard them hum in French, but I heard it from...some...oh nevermind...

  8. #8
    Inactive Member grail25's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 16th, 2004
    Posts
    3,754
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    ^it's true [img]smile.gif[/img]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •